AIB Teaching & Education Shared Interest Group (AIB T&E SIG) is happy to announce new positions.
Changes in the SIG’s leadership team starting from early 2023
AIB T&E SIG is happy and proud to announce that Dr. Aušrinė Šilenskytė, University of Vaasa, was elected as our group’s incoming Chair. Aušrinė is a great colleague and enthusiastic supporter of all T&E SIG’s initiatives. Her effort and dedication to the group are well known. Aušrinė will assume her responsibilities as the chair starting from 2023, and in the meantime will continue as a Vice-Chair, Communications.
We would be remiss if we did not thank Dr. Daria Panina, Texas A&M University, who has put her time and effort into our SIG as an Inaugural Chair and served in this capacity since 2019. From 2023, she will continue her service as a member of the T&E SIG’s leadership team as Co-Vice Chair, Main Conference Events.
Also, we would like to thank Professor Margaret Fletcher, University of Glasgow, for the diligent work in a position of Vice Chair, Finances, who will be leaving the team and directing the leadership efforts towards AIB UK-Ireland Conference and Chapter.
We would also like to thank all the leadership team members for their time and efforts developing the SIG, and to Marina Schmitz for running transparent and credible elections!
Leadership team starting from the year 2023
- Chair: Aušrinė Šilenskytė, University of Vaasa
- Vice Chair, Teaching Innovations: Marleen Dieleman, National University of Singapore
- Vice Chair, Resources: Miguel Ignacio Cordova, Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru
- Vice Chair, AIB Chapter Events: Cyntia Vilasboas Calixto, University of Leeds
- Co-Vice Chair, Main Conference Events: Karen Lynden, University of North Carolina
- Co-Vice Chair, Main Conference Events: Daria Panina, Texas A&M University
- Open positions that will be filled
Open positions for Vice Chairs starting from 2023:
- Vice Chair, Communications & Insights: Open Position (responsible for the newsletter, insights editorials, news content)
- Vice Chair, Digital Communication: Open Position (responsible for the online webinars; internal engagement of SIG members via online platform for SIG members, and social media of the SIG)
- Vice Chair, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in IB education: Open Position (responsible for creating online content and online/conference events that would direct IB educators towards inclusive practices of IB education; inclusive PhD training; and better collaboration of educators from dominant and under-represented regions)
Open positions for Coordinators:
- Coordinator Teaching Resources: Open Position (responsible for working on creating repository of teaching resources: textbooks, syllabi, etc.)
- Coordinator Communications: Open Position (responsible for handling special issues/topics of the newsletter, assisting with the website and news postings)
- Coordinator DEI in IB education: Open Position (responsible for assisting DEI vice chair in implementing events and trainings)
How to apply and become a Vice Chair or a Coordinator?
If you are interested in active involvement in AIB T&E SIG, welcome to:
- Share your CV:
- Add your 5-digit AIB member number;
- Write a one-page motivation letter on how you would like to develop the SIG’s activities in the selected position and how you plan to implement your ideas. The more precise you are, the better.
- Send your application to email@example.com by May 30th, 2022.
N.B. Active AIB membership is required to serve in these SIG positions.
- Membership renewal: https://member.aib.world/membership/memberrenew.asp
- New/first-time membership purchase: https://member.aib.world/membership/indapplynow.asp
- Member portal where applicants can verify their member number: https://member.aib.world/
Looking forward to hearing from you! Together we can continue developing excellence and impact of IB education globally!